Skip to content
- 2017 June: ODESH Ltd’s Founder was accepted into Kumul Game Changers Entrepreneurship Program (KGC), local entrepreneurship program funded by Australian Aid. More than 50 applicants from Fiji, Tonga and Papua New Guinea (Madang, Lae and Port Moresby) were accepted into the Program. www.kumulgamechangers.com KGC engaged Chris as the trainer/mentor. Chris is one of leading Lean Start-up Experts and a 500 Start-up Mentor from the Silicon Valley, USA. https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisdenoia
- 2018 – 2019 August: Through Founder’s personal experience (finding it hard to contact taxi late night), an Uber like concept, called PomTaxi Hub was born. Later it pivoted based on the customers’ feedbacks and rebranded as ODESH (On Demand Express Services Hub).
- 2019 October: Out of more than 40 businessmen/women include few politicians approached for seed investment, successfully secured an investments from a local businessman.
- 2019 December: PNG’s Prime Minister Hon. James Marape officially launched ODESH during the Papua New Guinea Start-up Convention.
- 2020 January – June: Seed investment used to gain more traction and customer experiences/awareness.
- 2020 July: Engaged by one of PNG largest to provide corporate staff pick up and drop off service.
- 2020 September: Recognized as one of South Pacific’s Emerging Start-ups at Pacific Start-up Challenge (29 start-ups from PNG, Fiji and Samoa participated) – Organized by Phanyeer Institute, a Myanmar Tech Start-up Accelerator. Event was funded by the Australian Aid
- 2020 November: Declared the Local Winner of Port Moresby Seedstars 2020 Challenge (8 PNG startups participated) and advance to the Seedstars Regional Challenge 2020
- 2020 December: Declared the Regional Winner of South East Asian Regional Seedstars Challenge (Local winners of Fiji, Samoa and Maldives participated) and advance to Asian Regional Finals Challenge 2021.
- 2021 February: Participated in the Asian Regional Final Seedstars Challenge. Competed with best tech startups from Singapore, Malaysia and Pakistan.
- 20 Emerging Tech Startups from 20 countries
- Winners from Singapore, Pakistan, Malaysia & Papua New Guinea (ODESH)
- 4 Winners (including ODESH) advanced to Asian Regional Finals (ODESH didn’t make it to the World Challenge – Grand Finale)
- 2022 February: ODESH Ltd was recognized as the 2021 e-Commerce Business of the Year SME Award sponsored by Kina Bank
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!