ODESH (On Demand Express Services Hub) is an Online Services Platform for Public Transport On-Demand in Port Moresby City, Papua New Guinea. The Transport On-Demand Service aims to modernize the public transport service in Port Moresby, by providing safe, convenient and fast services via the ODESH mobile apps. The On-Demand Services now available are; Taxis, Rental Vehicles (With Driver) and Hire Vehicles (Without Driver). More to add soon!
How It Works
Use ODESH to go anywhere freely.
Simple registration and login
with your email address
Enter destination, car type & wait for pick up
Enjoy ride with drivers on real time GPS route tracking
Upon arrival to destination
rate our service accordingly
Download the Apps Today (Android version only)
Have a Private Vehicle? Sign up with ODESH
Make good money
ODESH can help turn your vehicle into a money machine. The city is buzzing and ODESH makes it easy for you to cash in on the action. All you need is a vehicle and a mobile phone to get started
Various vehicle types available with ODESH ranging from Camry, Vista, Mark II etc to Harrier, 5 Door, 10 Seater, 15 Seater Bus etc to suit clients’ budgets and occasions. New registrations are welcome
ODESH services are available 24/7 and one of its core values is to deliver quality services with professionalism, productivity, pleasure and punctuality
Our Effective Portfolio
We screen and select taxis from a pool of new and existing taxi operators in Port Moresby. Based on a Memorandum of Agreement signed, we ensure our standards are adequately understood, met and maintained.
Our key partners are relevant government, non – government and private organizations that will contribute meaningfully to a successful roll-out of this initiative
Blog – News
Up to date articles, announcements and news relevant to the initiative
History of GRAB
The idea of creating a taxi-booking mobile app first came from Anthony Tan, who is the youngest of the three brothers […]
Founders Meet in Paris
Uber’s story began in Paris in 2008. Two friends, Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp, were attending the LeWeb, an annual […]
By Franklin Kolma (June 28, 2018)
Both chewing betelnut and smoking have been banned on all modes of public transport.Starting in Port […]
How to use the ODESH Client app:
- Download ODESH (Client) app on Google Play
- Register and Login
- Choose vehicle type preferred
- Enter your drop off location/destination
- When you agree with the fare displayed, your order will be sent to any drivers available.
- You will be notified when the driver accepts/confirms to come to your current location.
- You will view your driver’s profile, track his movements in real time and get notified when he arrives.
- While travelling, you can share your trip details with your friends or family members on Whatsapp, Facebook, Gmail or other social media platforms – an initiative to improve travel safety
- After reaching your destination, you can pay cash (i.e. amount shown on app)
- Before you leave, please don’t forget to rate your experience by giving 1 – 5 stars and comment – an initiative to improve customer service.
How to use the ODESH Driver app:
- Express your interest on www.odesh.net/Register
- ODESH Admin will contact you to schedule a time for drivers training
- Download ODESH (Driver) app on Google Play
- Register by uploading the following documents:
- Current ID photo
- Valid driver license
- Recent Police Clearance Report
- Recent Medical Report
- Valid Vehicle Registration Details – MVIL Vehicle Registration Type must be rental and not private
- ODESH Administrator will review and verify all Uploaded documents (original hard copies required).
- Once approved, a welcome bonus amount (varied) will be added to your e-Wallet – You’re done!
- Login to your account and Change status to “Online” if free and available and wait for client request. Before logging out, please always change your status to “Offline”
Drivers and Vehicles:
- All drivers have police clearance and thus does not have any past criminal records.
- All drivers successfully complete the ODESH Driver Training Program
- All vehicles are fitted with 24/7 GPS Tracking and Monitoring System
- All vehicles’ movements are monitored on real time basis and when ‘SOS’ call is received, ODESH Security Partners (local security firm and NCDC Police) are immediately notified for timely assistance.
- While travelling, clients can share their trip details with their friends or family members on Whatsapp, Facebook, Gmail or other social media platforms
- During emergency situation, clients can also press “SOS” button in the app. Immediately notifications are sent to their emergency contacts requesting for help. This is in addition to driver’s “SOS” call if both are in the same situation.
DISCLAIMER: As an online booking platform provider, ODESH has included all these necessary tools for everyone (drivers, vehicles and clients) to use. However, ODESH will not be responsible or be liable should there be any property damage or incident during travelling. Everyone should be cautious and make judgement call when making decisions.
The On Demand Express Services Hub (ODESH) will be the One-Stop-Shop Online Platform for various On – Demand Services types in Papua New Guinea (PNG).
To start this off, three services will be launched in Port Moresby in the second week of May 2019. (Exact date to be announced soon). These services are:
- Taxi On-Demand
- Rental Vehicles On-Demand (With Driver)
- Hire Vehicles On-Demand (Without Driver)
Later, other on demand services (see below) will be added and become available to Port Moresby residents/visitors and then to the rest of PNG:
- Earth Moving Equipment On-Demand
- Tow Trucks On-Demand
- Water Trucks On-Demand
- Many more services